The Ontario Medical Foundation (OMF), a charitable arm of the Ontario Medical Association, offers two bursaries of $500 each to all six medical schools each year to assist students enrolled in elective program.
Recipients are chosen by the Dean of Medicine, or his or her designate, under guidelines established by the Association, including such factors as academic validity of the learning experience, location as indicated below, adequate academic achievement, and need for assistance.
- Electives may be to an underserviced area in Ontario, an underserviced area in Canada, or to a developing country. Priority will be given to applications for an underserviced area in Ontario as defined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Students must be OMA members, and may apply for only one bursary
- Acceptable electives must be a minimum of four weeks
- Copies of the required electives reports should be addressed to the attention of Sandra Zidaric, Ontario Medical Student Bursary Fund
- All applications must be signed by Dean or Designate